The other day I was driving down the road and I passed by several Plumbing & HVAC company vehicles. Intrigued by all the endless marketing these Plumbing & HVAC companies are doing, including the vehicle wrapping they all seem to have, I was astonished when I decided to search for them on Google along with inspecting what they were doing online and all other advertising options.
…and I realized how clueless small business owners are when it comes to using the web to market their businesses.
Nothing will have a bigger impact on the overall success or failure of your Internet marketing strategy than your website and its ability to convert visitors to callers at the highest level possible. Let’s face it…your website is the ethos where all of your other marketing (online and offline) leads. If it’s failing to convert, then none of your marketing will work as well as it could or should.
If you have a Plumbing & HVAC website are you getting the maximum performance? Are you ready to learn how to generate as many leads as possible from the traffic that is already coming to your website? The more you optimize your website for conversion the better that everything in your business will work.
Are you making a large investment in marketing but still not generating enough leads?
Many Plumbing & HVAC companies spend a lot of money on advertising but they still aren’t generating the revenue they need. Many get traffic to their website, but the traffic isn’t converting into customers. This means there are problems with your website. You need a website that can separate your business from the competition. A website built to convert visitors into calls results in momentum and consistent growth for your business. Once your website begins converting then you can even scale your marketing. However, if your website isn’t converting then it brings down the return on your advertising investment.
10 critical elements your website needs to enhance conversion
- Make sure your website is speaking to your target market. Does it answer the customer’s question: what’s in it for me?
- Be authentic. Use real pictures of you and your team. Real pictures rather than stock photos will convert 5-10x better than those with generic pictures
- Leverage multi-media. Use audio, video, text, and images to speak to people’s different modalities. Using multi-media will give your website much more impact. Consider including a welcome video.
- Use your social proof. What are your customers saying about you? Take the tidbits about your company from Angie’s List and other trusted sources and use them on your website.
- Make sure your phone number is on the header in the upper right-hand corner of every page on your website. You need to be easily accessible!
- Make sure you have a contact form. Many people don’t want to pick up the phone. Give them another way to contact you.
- Leverage credibility. Give your website visitors the trust factors they recognize to make them feel good about your company. People recognize Angie’s List, the BBB and your local chamber of commerce.
- Have clear calls to action on every block of text on your website. Close every section of your site with a call of action. Tell your customer what they need to do.
- Use special offers and coupons where it makes sense
- Utilize mobile click to call. 65% of customers are coming to you via mobile. Your website must be optimized for mobile devices
How can you generate more leads from visitors that are already coming to your website?
If your website has 1500 visitors a month and you achieve a 5% conversion rate, this would lead to 75 calls per month. What would happen if you went from a 5% conversion rate to a 15% conversion rate? Your revenue would triple! You can triple your earnings simply by considering your website from a customer’s point of view. There is no need to invest more in advertising. Instead, you need to focus on setting up your Plumbing & HVAC website for maximum lead flow.
Think about what you can do to implement changes to your website
How can you optimize your website for conversion in the real world? Take a look at your website and consider your strategy.
- Is your website heavy on the technical side rather than focused on how you can solve customer’s problems? Be clear on who your target customer is and think about their customer experience. Craft your messaging just for those people.
- Are you using visuals that paint a clear picture of your work?
- Are you utilizing ChatBots so that people that don’t like to talk on the phone can engage with a live person via text?
- Do you have videos, testimonials, and clear calls to action?
Are Plumbing & HVAC ChatBots proving to be a proven method of Conversion & Conversational Marketing?
Do you remember the movie, “Short Circuit” back from 1986? Well, probably not. It actually has nothing to do with this, however, nostalgia just happened and made me think of it! 📷
Conversation Marketing is a one-to-one approach to marketing that Realtors use to shorten their sales cycle, learn about their customers, and create a more human buying experience.
Unlike traditional marketing, conversational marketing uses targeted, real-time messaging and intelligent chatbots instead of lead capture forms — that way leads never have to wait for follow-ups and can engage with your business when it’s convenient for them. Maybe they’re on your website and have a quick question.
Of course, chats with potential customers don’t just happen on your website, which is why conversational marketing is bigger than any single channel or platform. Combining inbound and outbound tactics, via bots is all about starting a dialogue with the people who can benefit from what you’re offering, whether that’s via a face-to-face meeting, or a phone call, or an email exchange.
Regardless of the medium, with conversational marketing, you’re not just blasting your messaging outward or forcing people to take an action: You’re answering people’s questions, and listening to their feedback, and then uncovering new ways to help them.
On average people waste 7 minutes until they are helped. Gone are the days of waiting for the next available operative. Bots are replacing live chat and other forms of contact such as emails and phone calls — 24/7, 365. Same goes if prospects want to a book an appointment. A chatbot can take care of scheduling that anytime, day or night.
Remember: it’s not about replacing human-to-human interactions (those are the best kind!), it’s about making sure your prospects get their questions answered as quickly as possible. If you can’t provide an answer to someone’s question right away, that person is going to go ask someone else — possibly a competitor.
- 65% of consumers prefer using a messaging app when contacting a business
- 35% of consumers want to see more companies using chatbots. (used, 2017)
- 50% of customers expect the business to be open 24/7
- 100,000 in 5/17 to 300,000 bots in 5/18 now generate 8 billion conversations per month
- 48 hours response time to an online lead is 42 hours
- 90% of companies didn’t respond in five minutes
- 58% of companies didn’t respond at all
You’ll be a rock star when you can respond right away.
If you don’t believe me, take a look for yourself. Take a look a how well and functional the ChatBot is on Plumbing & HVAC company Air Temp Solutions, located in Middletown, Delaware.
And that’s it.